Sunday 18 March 2012

Don't cry for me...





...I'm in Argentina, and it's very nice so far! (The don't cry for me thing is from a famous musical btw).  I am in a town called Mendoza, in the Central West of Argentina.  The bus ride to get here over the Andes (BIG mountains) was amazing!  The road was really twisty to get up so high, and we went right past Aconcagua (pronounced A-con-cau-wa) which is the highest mountain in the world that is not in the Himalayas (where Everest is). I will apologise now for any typos in these few posts - the keyboard is Spanish layout and has all the letters rubbed off, so finding letters and punctuation is a little tricky!




 It looked like these riders got taken to the highest point on the road, near the Chile - Argentina border, and got to ride back down - what an amazing ride!








 


Spanish speaking is improving.  Now 2 and half weeks into my learning via Harry Potter I know the words for wizard and wand, but also today managed to ask lots of quite difficult questions at four different bus companies and understood at least half of the answers!  Looks like I am right on track to get to be OK just around the time I fly to Miami!  I think that's called Murphy's Law in polite company.
Here's some pics of Mendoza and bus ride - check out the Futbol blog too...
















. 

No comments:

Post a Comment